Website Privacy and Security Policy
Our commitment to keeping your trust.
We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we strictly comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws.
Why we collect information:
We collect information so that we can provide you with a great service. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences.
This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
How we collect this information:
We store your registration and ordering detail so that you don't have to re-enter your details every time you shop with us. And sometimes we add to your personal information with data from external sources. This is usually only done to verify the accuracy of the information we have, and to personalise and improve our services. Generally, the personal information we collect is supplied by you.
What we collect:
The information we collect includes your name, business name, address, delivery address, phone number and e-mail address.
Sharing your information:
We may need to pass personal details such as your name, business name and address to service providers who perform some of our deliveries. This may include major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors.
Royal Hamam is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will investigate any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer for example, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. In such cases, your delivery may be delayed by up to 24 hours. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to investigate.
In special circumstances, for example if we sell our business, your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent.
We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us online.
Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
About cookies and what they tell us:
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our web site. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our site your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket, it does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
Royal Hamam has no control over the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks or banner advertising. Please take care at all times to check whose site you are visiting.
Direct marketing by mail and email:
If you do not wish to receive promotional material from us, please uncheck the relevant box when you register with Royal Hamam. If you no longer wish to receive these promotional material please amend your preferences in "my account", if you no longer wish to receive promotional emails please unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the promotional email you have received.
Changes to our privacy policies and practices:
Our privacy policies and practices may be reviewed and updated from time to time in line with customer expectations and legislative changes.
1. How we handle customer information:
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name; e-mail address; mailing address; delivery address and any special delivery instructions; and telephone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
- Royal Hamam is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will investigate any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer for example, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. In such cases, your delivery may be delayed by up to 24 hours. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to investigate.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site as a registered user, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- We do not log IP addresses for all users, only for customers that checkout and order and therefore buy something from our website. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
- By law, we cannot store information unless a user has given us permission to do so. If a user checks out their order as a guest and does not sign up as a registered user of our website, then the only purpose we can use that customers information is to send out their order. However, no matter if a user is a registered user, guest user or just a browser of our website, the website will still collect analytical information and compile this for Royal Hamam, but it will not attach a users name and personal details to this information.
2. How we protect customer information:
For credit card transactions, Royal Hamam adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. The payment process utilised by Royal Hamam uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
For further information about SSL please visit: http://www.eway.com.au/Developer/SSL
3. How we handle marketing communications:
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. In addition, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.